Friday 19 October 2007

Guest's turn- Kenya Trip






Before I start posting any stuff in this blog, I would like to acknowledge an excellent and creative efforts by Rajendraji assembling and bringing the information of the Goettingen Nepalese Society. A big thanks and congratulations to him.

Well, I simply wanted to share few glimpses from my Africa trip. During my 7 day business trip to Kenya, I got one day off, which I ultimately used for visiting Nairobi National Park.

Nairobi National Park is 117 km² but is only a few km from the centre of Nairobi, the capital city of Kenya. The park is unique in being a protected game reserve within the boundaries of a major city. Lions, cheetahs and rhinos can be spotted in the park. Over 400 species of birds have been recorded in the park. Being not so far from the city, it is visited by several tourists and visitors.

I was quite fascinated to see many animals in Savannah. It was right what we studied in our textbook about likely higher density of wild animals in African Savannah. If one likes to get to know more about the national park, please click here.